How to nominate
Nominations open 17 September and close 12pm, 22 September 2020.
- Visit the Victorian Electoral Commission (VEC) website to check the nomination requirements.
- Complete the nomination form available from the VEC website – this can be pre-filled online using VEC’s Candidate Helper.
- Pay the prescribed nomination fee of $250.
- Make sure you complete the mandatory candidate training, prior to nominating. The training takes about one hour to complete.
- Make an appointment with the VEC election office to attend, in person to lodge your candidate statement and photo. This must be done in person by 12pm, 22 September 2020.
Make sure you check the dates, deadlines and specifications on the VEC website, and keep an eye out for changes and updates.
See VEC’s Candidate Handbook for more guidance on nominating.