Developing your campaign
Start by deciding which issues you will focus on in your campaign. This will help inform your candidate statement, which should set out your position on issues that are important to you, and which you will use in your campaign materials and communication.
Use the following questions to guide your campaign position:
- What are the key issues that are important to you?
- What is your position on these issues?
- What actions have you taken so far on these issues?
- What will you do over the course of the campaign?
- What will you do once you are on council, to advance these issues?
If you need help or have questions as you develop your campaign, get in touch with a peer support or mentoring network.